Improve Your Body Shape With Fat Grafting
Have you ever looked at one area of your body and thought “I wish I could take a little bit of fat from this area and transfer it to this other area”? If you have had this thought, you aren’t alone. But you might be surprised to learn that the answer to your question could be yes! Many people are able to attain the subtle changes to their appearance that they desire with a procedure known as fat grafting. Here are a few things you should know to help you decide whether fat grafting is right for you:
What Is Fat Grafting?
Fat grafting, also known as fat transfer, is the process of transferring excess fat tissue from one area of your body and using it to restore fullness and skin elasticity to another area of your body. Fat grafting takes fatty tissue from an area of your body that has excess fat, such as your abdomen, flanks, and inner thighs and injects it into an area that is lacking in volume or fullness. Fat grafting procedures are often used to add fullness to areas such as the face, hands, breasts, and buttocks.
Learn More: See Our Procedures
The Pros & Cons Of Fat Grafting Procedures
Just as with any procedure, fat grafting procedures have both pros and cons. You should consider the pros and cons carefully when determining whether a fat grafting procedure is right for you. The following are a few of the top pros and cons for fat grafting procedures:
- Results are long-lasting
- Results are subtle and natural
- Requires minimal recovery time
- Fat grafting procedures are one of the safest ways to enhance your looks
- The donor site that fat is collected from may appear thinner once fat is removed
- Uses fat from your own body, which reduces the chance of allergic reactions to foreign substances
- It is more time consuming to prepare fat tissue prior to transfer when compared to dermal fillers that come pre-packaged
- Fat grafting is more expensive than dermal fillers in the initial procedure. However, the results of fat grafting last longer than dermal fillers which makes the long-term cost lower.
- When you use fat grafting for augmentation, you may need multiple sessions to achieve your desired size.
Dr. Rieger will review the pros and cons of your procedure and answer questions you have during your consultation.
How To Know If You Are A Good Candidate For Fat Grafting
There are a few things to consider when deciding whether fat grafting is the right procedure for you. The first thing you need to consider is what areas of the body you are hoping to add fullness to and the extent of your desired results. You also need to consider whether you have another area of your body in which we can take excess fat from. A good candidate should also be in good overall health and have realistic expectations for the results of their procedure.
A Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Can Help You Determine Whether Fat Grafting Is Right For You
For more information about fat grafting and whether this procedure is right for you, contact Hyde Park Cosmetic Surgery Center to schedule a consultation with Dr. Frank Rieger. Dr. Rieger is known throughout the world for his attention to detail and quality in both surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures. Schedule your consultation to discuss which procedure is right for you. You can call us at (813) 254-7600 or contact us online.